The Top 4 Levelers To Use For Your Camper
One of the first things you need to accomplish when you pull onto your campsite is to level your camper. Yes, we all wish that every campsite was perfectly level. But that is not reality. In fact, some sites are seriously off-level! But you have many options to fix this issue. The question is, how much time and effort do you want to put into this dreary job?
We’ve experimented with a number of methods for leveling your camper, from the free stack-things-up-under one wheel approach, to the higher-priced-yet-oh-so-fast method to get on with the fun part of camping! Below are the top 4 choices along with all the details. But for those of you who just want the bottom line, our top choice for the best camper leveler is the BAL 28050 Light Trailer Tire Leveler.
Best Camper Levelers
If you have a pop up camper (as we do) or a light-weight trailer, this is hands-down the best way you can level your trailer in a hurry. Made of a heavy metal with a corrosion-resistant coating, the BAL leveler slips around the camper’s wheel (designed for single-axle campers with 13-15 inch wheels) on whichever side of your camp site is lower, and quickly can be adjusted with the included ratchet wrench and drive screw. By turning the screw with the wrench, the lower wheel is lifted bit by bit until your camper is level. With this clever tool, you can pull into your site, place the camper where you want it, and get out of your car or truck and level the camper at once without driving it back and forth over a series of boards, blocks, or other items until you find the perfect height.
The three-piece system weighs in at a substantial 14 pounds, so many people find that using a carrying case is helpful. And guess what the majority of people buy? A pizza carrying case. Believe it or not, the Winco Pizza Bag makes life simpler and easier to carry and store your leveler. And we are all about easy!
- Light Trailer Tire Leveler can be used with the Single Tire Locking Chock
- Eliminates the need for moving trailer onto blocks or ramps
- Fits 13", 14", & most 15" wheels
- Includes a ratchet wrench that can be used to turn the drive screw, elevating or lowering the tire lifting pads to the level position
- Corrosion-resistant finish for long life
If you have a double-axle or heavier trailer, you can choose the Andersen 2-Pack Leveler & Chock Kit. This set is a simple solution for leveling your travel trailer, 5th wheel, or drivable RV, provided you’re not off level more than 4 inches. These curved blocks will work for trailers up to 30,000 pounds and with tires up to 32 inches in diameter.
It is simple to use, but helpful if you have another person to read the bubble levels while the driver slowly drives up on the curved Andersen leveler “blocks.” If you want to be able to level the trailer alone, using a system like LogicBlue Technology LevelMatePRO Wireless Vehicle Leveling System sets you up to level your trailer single-handedly. The LogicBlue system does require an installation of the unit inside the trailer, and an initial calibration to your unit which can take up to an hour. But once it’s installed and calibrated, you’re able to pull into a site and level your trailer in minutes.
- LEVEL YOUR CAMPER, RV, OR TRAILER IN 5 MINUTES OR LESS WITH THE BEST LEVELER KIT ON THE MARKET! Are you ready to experience the BEST levelers for your RV? Level your camper, RV, or Trailer on the FIRST TRY by simply driving on until level. Chock. Done. Nothing is easier to use than the innovative Andersen Hitches Camper Leveler Kit. You’ll literally be ready to roast hot dogs, s’mores, or head out to go hiking or fishing in 5 minutes or less!
- EXPERIENCE THE ONLY ON-THE-FLY, PRECISE CAMPER LEVELING SYSTEM AT ANY INCREMENT BETWEEN 1/2" AND 4" (LIFTS UP TO 4") RIGHT FROM THE DRIVER’S SEAT. AVOID THE HASSLE, HEADACHE, AND WASTED CAMPGROUND TIME OF SETTING UP YOUR RV OR CAMPER WITH BLOCKS AND PLANKS. Don't get in and out of the driver's seat and/or make your spouse or significant other drag blocks or heavy planks around…. and stop worrying about a plank flying out at someone’s shin - or head!
- THE CAMPER LEVELER WORKS PERFECTLY ON ANY TRAILER UP TO 30,000 LBS & WITH TIRES UP TO 32" DIAMETER. IF YOUR RV MEETS THESE REQUIREMENTS, YOU’LL BE ABLE TO USE THE ANDERSEN CAMPER LEVELING SYSTEM RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX! If you have dual tires or smaller spaces to fit the camper leveler between, sometimes they need trimmed. This is simple and easy to do and takes less than 10 minutes. If you buy the camper levelers and they don’t work for you, we’ll take them back and give you a refund!
- YOU ONLY NEED ONE LEVELER PER AXLE ON ONE SIDE OF THE TRAILER. With the Andersen Camper Leveler, you don't need to level both sides of the trailer - only put them on the low side.
- MAKES THE PERFECT GIFT!!! ARE YOU READY TO GET STARTED ENJOYING YOUR FIRST DAY OF CAMP INSTEAD OF STRUGGLING THROUGH SET-UP? SIMPLY CLICK THE YELLOW ADD TO CART BUTTON AND CHECKOUT NOW. YOU’RE ONLY ONE BUTTON AWAY!
Camco is a manufacturer of many camping products, and the classic yellow leveling blocks are no doubt one of their biggest sellers. The blocks can be used by any type of camper (although some people with dual tires said these are just not wide enough). They can be built into a ramped stack to reach the necessary height to level your camper. The blocks can be stacked up to about 4 inches. Though you might think you could get another set to add more height, the manufacturer does say you shouldn’t exceed about 4.5 inches. A second set can come in handy to use under your jacks or stabilizers.
One of the best points about this set of leveling blocks is that when you are not using them, they stack together and come with an integrated handle for easy carrying and storage. But using these blocks as your leveling method does mean that you may be driving your camper on and off of the blocks until you reach the desired height to make your RV level. And since this set doesn’t come with chocks, you may want to add the matching Camco chocks if you get them.
- 10 interlocking blocks stack to the desired height for safe and easy leveling
- Strong and durable construction
- Solid bottom to help keep them from sinking in soft ground
- Includes zippered storage bag with handle
- Each leveling block measures 8.5 inch x 8.5 inch x 1 inch
If you don’t mind doing a small part of the construction, then the Hopkins Towing Solutions Leveling System might be what you are looking for. The set comes with a series of ramps, wheel docks, hardware, and instructions for you to use in creating the perfect-sized leveling system for your camper. You only need to supply an 8-foot 2×8 piece of wood (and a saw) for you to complete the process. The kit also comes with a non-skid traction mat to keep the blocks from sliding while you drive your camper up on them.
One advantage this system has over the others is that it is customized to your RV. And when you’ve constructed the set, the top-most board will act as a wheel dock to keep your tire from slipping back down the ramp. And as mentioned, you’ve also got a wheel chock included for additional stabilization. The primary complaint seems to be the difficulty in storing the combined boards and ramps when you are done: the lumber has a certain amount of weight, and the lowest board in the ramp can be fairly long. But in general, buyers give high marks to their effectiveness and the fact that they don’t tend to kick out when driving up on the constructed ramp due to the non-skid mat included with the set.
- A complete RV leveling system that forms a solid structure to keep your RV level
- Combines both wood and reinforced plastics for durable construction
- Non-skid traction mat prevents slipping while in-use and functions as carrying strap
- Wheel dock and chock secures entire trailer from rolling out of position
- Covered by 3-year limited manufacturer warranty
How To Level Your Camper
Want to see someone actually level a camper? This video by an RV dealer shows how to level a travel trailer using a different Camco product, the Camco Drive On Leveler.